Frequently Asked Questions
Why should you use DermUtopia?
DermUtopia presents an affordable and efficient method of providing medical consultations for skin-related concerns through a user-friendly and secure phone application. US board-certified dermatologists are dedicated to performing virtual consultations in order to extend access to care.
What are the advantages to using DermUtopia?
If you have a concerning skin issue or want a second opinion, the dermatologists of DermUtopia can provide a diagnosis and treatment recommendations. As well, the phone application enables patients to avoid waiting multiple weeks or months to get an in-person office visit with a dermatologist. The convenience of this secure phone application reduces expensive or time-consuming transportation for skin-related medical problems.
When should I use DermUtopia?
You should use DermUtopia when:
- You need answers fast
- There’s a long wait time until the next available in office appointment
- You’re on vacation
- You’re unable to miss work or school
- You have no insurance, limited insurance coverage or insurance with a high deductible
- You’re schedule is overbooked and you’re just too busy
- You’re taking care of young children
- There’s no dermatologist nearby
- You have difficulties with transportation
- You want a second opinion on a diagnosis or treatment plan
Will a doctor evaluate and provide the consultation?
Yes, US board-certified dermatologists from your state of residence will review and respond to your case. For example, if you live in Virginia, a dermatologist licensed in Virginia will review and respond to your consultation. To read more about these qualified physicians, refer to the Meet the Team page on the DermUtopia website.
Is it safe and secure?
Yes, ClickMedix manages a HIPAA-compliant server for DermUtopia. No personal information is saved to your computer or mobile device, allowing you to complete a consultation anytime, anywhere and on any device. Only you and your dermatologist have access through the secure cloud system.
How much does it cost?
$69 is the standard consultation fee. If you receive a discount code, you will be able to enter that code at time of payment.
When do I pay for the consultation?
After completing and submitting the consultation questionnaire (on the DermUtopia App or web platform), you will receive a confirmation email to inform you that your consultation has been sent to the next available dermatologist. This email includes a link to the payment process. Also, you can log in to the web platform version of DermUtopia to pay.
Does my insurance cover this consultation?
DermUtopia does not take insurance at this time, but we do provide you with the appropriate patient and diagnosis codes in each physician response. This means that you can submit this consultation to a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) and insurance company. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that all insurance companies will accept the submission.
How long does it take to get an answer?
Every patient is important to a DermUtopia dermatologist, and therefore, each consultation is examined thoroughly before submitting a response. The estimated wait time for a response is 24 to 72 hours.
Will I require an in-person visit?
- If further evaluation or a biopsy is required, the dermatologist will advise you to make an in-person follow-up appointment with a local physician soon after the consultation.
- DermUtopia encourages all patients to schedule a follow-up visit with a local dermatologist, conveniently located DermUtopia dermatologist or primary care physician within 30 to 60 days of the DermUtopia consultation. The DermUtopia consultation will be available as a PDF print-out for each patient to save as well as take to a local doctor in order to keep medical records up-to-date and promote continuity of care.
- In some cases, a live consultation will be recommended to better evaluate your skin problems. This live consultation will be scheduled and performed through a HIPAA-compliant live interactive site at an additional cost.